Skip to main content

Log off, and Love Life Again

 I've taken a break off of social media and this blog for about a week.  This week has been brutal in America.  Riots, protests, fights, arguments, and hate being thrown around left and right on social media.  In general, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and even TikTok are very toxic places to be spending our time.  People are cussing each other out, fuming with anger- social media is a war zone.  And it is that way because nobody can listen to each other.  Our generation is so accustomed to not listening to each others' opinion and why they think that way.  Everybody just wants to shove their opinions down each others' throats and if somebody else doesn't agree with them, they immediately attack them.  On both sides of the "political parties".  It is absolute madness.   

Words are thrown around like "racist", "white privilege", "snowflake".  And what do these words mean?

Well you won't be finding out on this blog post.  My goal for this blog is to stay neutral as possible with everything and focus on the one common good- which is motivating and inspiring people.  That whole paragraph up in the beginning will be the most I will ever be discussing politics on this website.  

And why is that?

Because I have learned over the past year that politics is a place where I know where I do not want to be.  Politics is too much hate.  And why would I want that hate in my life?  Honestly, my blood is boiling so much even typing this email because of how much I dislike politics and social media right now.  Why should anybody let their own life be so filled with hate?  Hate is so draining and dampens your energy.  It is such a waste of life to be filled with hate- so why do people choose to be a part of it?  

Personally, I think the hate of social media and politics is addicting- so people keep on getting roped into it.  

I have gotten to the point in my life that if something is causing me pain or hurt, I drop it.  With the COVID scares within the past year, I have become aware with how fragile life can be.  I have cherished my friendships, my loved ones, and God more than I ever had since COVID came around.  But, I have also noticed that if something wasn't making me happy, why continue it?  Whether it was a way of life, a job opportunity, or politics- if it caused me pain or agony, it is gone.  And since I have been keeping up with this way of throwing out what I don't want, I have been so happy.  

I used to be involved in politics.  I don't want anybody reading this to think that I am exempt from this discussion.  Politics used to fuel me with so much anger and frustration that it overwhelmed me.  And when I look on social media, I can see that others are the same way.  But in June, I decided to put politics down.  I decided to no longer spend time reading biased political news sources or look at social media posts.  I was done with politics since June.  And I have NEVER been so happy. I focused my time and energy on things I loved doing, like spending time with my girlfriend, friends, reading, writing, learning a new language, and spending time with family.   I released that negativity from my life.  Now when something big in politics occurs, I brush it off my shoulder.  I do think that it is important to know what is going on in the world and form my own opinion, but as for expressing my opinion online and arguing with others- those days are over.  

This world is just filled with so much hate, so much frustration, and so much hurt.  Why be part of it yourself?  If it causes you so much frustration day after day, why be a part of it?  It goes for anything in life- regardless of politics.  It goes for friends, jobs, relationships, activities- if it causes you hurt, then leave.  Life is too short to be becoming drained by things that hurt you. (I am not referring to dropping out of school or anything.  Even though school and taking classes could be very tiring and upsetting, it is important to finish school and be the best person you could be academically).

Even though this post is not as inspiring and motivating as the others, I just wanted to share my thoughts about this subject of releasing the negative things.  As for me, I do not care if you are liberal, conservative, republican, or democrat.  I love you just the way you are- always.  Anybody and everybody is welcome to read this blog and I am open to talk to every soul.  Life is too short to pick sides and be filled with anger.  Those days are behind me, and I hope that whoever reads this post, those days could be behind you as well.  

If you feel pulled to go on social media and "see what everybody is saying", stop and distract yourself.  It is not worth it to be roped into the negativity and hate.  Go to the gym.  Read a book.  Play a game.  Go for a run.  Watch your favorite television program (one that isn't politics or the news). Social media these days isn't what it used to be.  

I saw this one post saying that "social media used to be an escape from the real world, now the real world is an escape from social media". 

So if this post were to wrap up anything, log off social media.  I have even taken those applications off of my phone for the most part.  Log off and do something that is less stressful.  Something that makes you happy on the inside.  Take care of yourself.  Take care of your body.  Take care of your mental health.  Your mental health, body, spirituality are so much more worth it than getting overcome by social media.  Do not introduce the negativity and sin from the rest of the world into your life through social media.  Sometimes, it is alright to be in your own secluded, little shell.  I do it.  Everybody does it.  It's healthy sometimes. 

Once again, it is important to know what is happening in the world and develop your own opinion.  Just do not let it take over your day, your week, or any part of your life.  Support one another.  

I love you all, and I hope you have a great weekend and start of the new week.  DM me for any questions or comments on my Instagram page (the.juicebox1).

-TJO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not About the Money

After a couple weeks of a break, I am here.  There was a lot of stuff that was happening in my life that I wanted to take care of before I sat back and started writing on this blog again.  But, after a small break, I wanted to share some things that I've experienced recently that really hit me. The last time I wrote on the blog was during a period of division in this country and a lot of malevolent behavior.  Arguments, fights, name-calling, and disruption reaped this nation, and I was appalled. I was upset with the way people were acting and I spoke up about it on this blog.   I hate bringing up politics.  This is because I have stepped away from politics due to the toxicity that boils from it. Too much hate, corruption, and unfairness across the board.  It's important to have your own unique opinions, but as for me, I have been a much happier human being ever since I stopped paying attention to politics.  On a side note, last week there was a big health scare in my family whi

I Thank God

 I was just sitting in my dorm room, thinking, going through pictures, and reminiscing on some memories. This past week, just like every other week in a college student's life, is crazy.  But, the weekends are for taking a deep breath and taking a nice break.  Lately, I have been the happiest human alive, keeping God in my mind, and spreading my love to others.  I haven't been living in the future, I've been taking one day at a time, and I have been holding on to the little moments in life that make me smile.  I never thought that living in the present could make me feel so happy, free, and positive.  I don't think I stress this enough, but I thank God for my relationships every single day.  Ever since COVID hit, it taught me some life lessons that I might never have learned if it weren't for this pandemic.  I have begun to savor the small things (and the big things) in life.  Every night before I go to bed, I go down a list thanking God for the people in my life.