Skip to main content

The Beginning

Who Am I?

Well here it goes.  There is a 100% chance that nobody will be reading this post for a while, but I guess that I am doing it for myself at this point.  But, you gotta start somewhere right?  

I have been so caught up in what I "want to do with the rest of my life".  Every single day within the past year and a half I have been a nervous ball of stress.  What job will be good for me?  Can I see myself in the business setting?  Can I see myself in the education system?

Almost every day I looked into a new job.  Some days I was like, "There it is!  That is what I want to do!" and then I would immediately lose interest.  Then the next day I was like "Oh! No, THAT is what I want to do!" and then immediately lose interest.  It was a never ending cycle of consistent disappointment.  My girlfriend (a.k.a. one of my biggest fans) would always "hype up" my life career choice for the day, and then when I would go to her the next day and tell her I have decided to change my life career, she would smile, roll her eyes and go "I support you no matter what you decide to do".  A true queen.

At the end of the day, I knew that I wanted to make money.  Parents and teachers have always told me growing up that "money isn't everything", but it is hard explaining that idea to a teenager/college student because we all want to be rich.  We all want to be able to go on dream vacations, have huge houses, and drive luxury cars.  But, as I grew up some more and started to see the lives of some celebrities and influencers- money really ISN'T everything.  Happiness is what is important. STABILITY and motivation is what is important. Someone could be earning a multi-million dollar wage in corporate America but HATE their job- and that isn't what success is to me.  Success is being happy, healthy, and inspired. 

So, that is what has lead me to the beginning of this blog.  Who knows where it will end up.  All that I know is that I love writing and I love creativity, and that is what has brought me here.  I want to share culture, love, art, news, politics, and creative ideas.  My main focus is to bring light into a world that is so dark.  

I am so excited to begin.

-TJO

Comments

  1. The Juice Box,

    Thank you for being so open regarding your struggles with life decisions. I believe this is something all of us struggle with, but only few will admit. I challenge you to follow every single one of those passions, no matter where they lead you. You mention being a college student so I assume you are in your 20s. This is exactly what your 20s are for, making mistakes and finding yourself!

    I thoroughly enjoyed your first post and will look forward to reading more.

    -The Straw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Log off, and Love Life Again

 I've taken a break off of social media and this blog for about a week.  This week has been brutal in America.  Riots, protests, fights, arguments, and hate being thrown around left and right on social media.  In general, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and even TikTok are very toxic places to be spending our time.  People are cussing each other out, fuming with anger- social media is a war zone.  And it is that way because nobody can listen to each other.  Our generation is so accustomed to not listening to each others' opinion and why they think that way.  Everybody just wants to shove their opinions down each others' throats and if somebody else doesn't agree with them, they immediately attack them.  On both sides of the "political parties".  It is absolute madness.    Words are thrown around like "racist", "white privilege", "snowflake".  And what do these words mean? Well you won't be finding out on this blog post.  My goa

Not About the Money

After a couple weeks of a break, I am here.  There was a lot of stuff that was happening in my life that I wanted to take care of before I sat back and started writing on this blog again.  But, after a small break, I wanted to share some things that I've experienced recently that really hit me. The last time I wrote on the blog was during a period of division in this country and a lot of malevolent behavior.  Arguments, fights, name-calling, and disruption reaped this nation, and I was appalled. I was upset with the way people were acting and I spoke up about it on this blog.   I hate bringing up politics.  This is because I have stepped away from politics due to the toxicity that boils from it. Too much hate, corruption, and unfairness across the board.  It's important to have your own unique opinions, but as for me, I have been a much happier human being ever since I stopped paying attention to politics.  On a side note, last week there was a big health scare in my family whi

I Thank God

 I was just sitting in my dorm room, thinking, going through pictures, and reminiscing on some memories. This past week, just like every other week in a college student's life, is crazy.  But, the weekends are for taking a deep breath and taking a nice break.  Lately, I have been the happiest human alive, keeping God in my mind, and spreading my love to others.  I haven't been living in the future, I've been taking one day at a time, and I have been holding on to the little moments in life that make me smile.  I never thought that living in the present could make me feel so happy, free, and positive.  I don't think I stress this enough, but I thank God for my relationships every single day.  Ever since COVID hit, it taught me some life lessons that I might never have learned if it weren't for this pandemic.  I have begun to savor the small things (and the big things) in life.  Every night before I go to bed, I go down a list thanking God for the people in my life.