Skip to main content

My Joy of Life

 Merry Christmas!

Two weeks later I am back.  I have been slacking with my blogging because I have been a stir-crazy mess due to the Holidays.  Even though it has been a great week and a half with all the Christmas preparations, gift wrapping, giving, and cooking, I am glad to be able to settle down.  I'm happy that things can get back to normal.

Throughout the past couple weeks, I have had many "coming to God moments" and realizations.  I actually have decided to start writing a children's book and gotten closer to a lot of my friends and family. 

This children's book was my idea, literally at 2AM about a week before Christmas.  I had such a calling to write this book (I would give more details but I don't want to spoil it!).  Now I just have to save up my money to publish the book, due to the fact that I am a broke college student. 

Also, I had an interview for an internship at a sales firm in Downtown Annapolis.  I find out tomorrow if I got the job.  It seems to be a pretty cool opportunity to be making more money than I would lifeguarding, talking to people all day long, and being with people my own age.  It's a "teamwork style" job, so I know that I would love that. 

Within the past week I have really grown close with my family, and some other friends as well!  My beautiful girlfriend is still as amazing as ever, and I have been able to spend a lot of quality time with my family.  We played board games, watched movies, had some great dinner-time talks, and shared many laughs.  It was probably one of the greatest Overmier family holidays I have had!

As 2020 draws to an end, I feel like I have really made the most out of this year.  I have made some amazing friends, strengthened my relationship, gotten closer to my family, GOTTEN CLOSER TO GOD, and started writing and reading again.  Even though COVID really came into 2020 swinging, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to keep standing on my two feet and pursue my dreams.  With the help of God, I was able to make the most out of such an unhappy year.  If it weren't for the amazing people in my life, as well, I wouldn't have been able to do any of it!  (Including my insane "daily" ideas that I kept introducing to my girlfriend, and her supporting me in every way.  What did I do to deserve her?)

My greatest accomplishment of the year or 2020 was that I got so much closer to my Savior.  I have spent so much time in my devotionals and in prayer.  Each day, I feel that my relationship with Him has grown a little bit more.  How great is it that you can have conversations with the Savior of the World, and He will grant you the strength to get through your daily life?

So now, as we enter the uncertainty of the year of 2021, I have the strength of Jesus, my family, my girlfriend, and my friends to help me. Life is not easy, and I will not sit here and write that it does.  But the first step to forging on through the difficulties of life is to accept the fact that we can't do it by ourselves and ask for the help of God and our relationships. As my friends said when I was younger- "TEAMWORK makes the dream work."

As much as life is grueling and it beats you down, I am in love with the life that I was given.  Each night I go to bed and I am excited to wake up in the morning.  Each day I set goals for myself to accomplish and things I want to do. Even though we live in such a rough and sinful world, we live in the light of God and can live our best lives.  With whatever circumstances we might be in, God will never leave your side.  Ever.  We have the blessing to never have to live without God on this Earth.  He is our friend, our Savior, and our Father all in one being.  How great is it to have a God like that?

Anyway, today on this sunny and gorgeous Sunday afternoon, I am going to make the most of it. I am going to work out, work on Spanish, read, reach out to my friends, my girlfriend, family, and put the most into one day as possible.  I have such a rush today to do good and to make myself the best I can.  And, to the seven people who might be reading this, too, you can do the same!  I believe in you!  It's all about the first step that you take. 

If you need any help or extra motivation, my DM's on Instagram are open!  On both accounts!  @the.juicebox1 and on @tovermier_

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, a wonderful day, and an AMAZING week to come.  God bless.

-TJO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Log off, and Love Life Again

 I've taken a break off of social media and this blog for about a week.  This week has been brutal in America.  Riots, protests, fights, arguments, and hate being thrown around left and right on social media.  In general, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and even TikTok are very toxic places to be spending our time.  People are cussing each other out, fuming with anger- social media is a war zone.  And it is that way because nobody can listen to each other.  Our generation is so accustomed to not listening to each others' opinion and why they think that way.  Everybody just wants to shove their opinions down each others' throats and if somebody else doesn't agree with them, they immediately attack them.  On both sides of the "political parties".  It is absolute madness.    Words are thrown around like "racist", "white privilege", "snowflake".  And what do these words mean? Well you won't be finding out on this blog post.  My goa

Not About the Money

After a couple weeks of a break, I am here.  There was a lot of stuff that was happening in my life that I wanted to take care of before I sat back and started writing on this blog again.  But, after a small break, I wanted to share some things that I've experienced recently that really hit me. The last time I wrote on the blog was during a period of division in this country and a lot of malevolent behavior.  Arguments, fights, name-calling, and disruption reaped this nation, and I was appalled. I was upset with the way people were acting and I spoke up about it on this blog.   I hate bringing up politics.  This is because I have stepped away from politics due to the toxicity that boils from it. Too much hate, corruption, and unfairness across the board.  It's important to have your own unique opinions, but as for me, I have been a much happier human being ever since I stopped paying attention to politics.  On a side note, last week there was a big health scare in my family whi

I Thank God

 I was just sitting in my dorm room, thinking, going through pictures, and reminiscing on some memories. This past week, just like every other week in a college student's life, is crazy.  But, the weekends are for taking a deep breath and taking a nice break.  Lately, I have been the happiest human alive, keeping God in my mind, and spreading my love to others.  I haven't been living in the future, I've been taking one day at a time, and I have been holding on to the little moments in life that make me smile.  I never thought that living in the present could make me feel so happy, free, and positive.  I don't think I stress this enough, but I thank God for my relationships every single day.  Ever since COVID hit, it taught me some life lessons that I might never have learned if it weren't for this pandemic.  I have begun to savor the small things (and the big things) in life.  Every night before I go to bed, I go down a list thanking God for the people in my life.