Skip to main content

Take the Bad Days with the Good

Lately, I have been so focused on spreading positivity and motivation and I have failed to mention the aspect of life that isn't as fun.  Life isn't all about sunshine and rainbows, and I think that it is 100% important to discuss the days that just don't go as according to plan. 

Yesterday, I had a day that just kept beating me up.  I heard some bad news in the morning from the second I woke up, and then, repeatedly throughout the rest of the day, I felt like I kept on getting punched and kicked by life.  At one point I just wanted to go home and go to sleep and get rid of the terrible day I was facing.  I wanted to start fresh with a new day, and put the bad day behind me.

Bad days can worsen your mood.  You could go from being in such a go-lucky mood to being in a 'down' mood in a matter of minutes.  Then, when one event turns your mood upside down, every minor inconvenience throughout the day discourages you more and more.  

For example, yesterday I received some bad news in the morning about a future career that I got denied from.  The annoying thing was that I found out right when I got out of bed and checked my email (honestly, if they're going to tell you news that would ruin your day, why do they have to inform you in the morning and not at the end of the work day?). Then, I found out information regarding my college swim team which also lowered my spirits a little.  And from then on, every single minor inconvenience that I faced throughout the day completely triggered me.  Whether it was loosing my footing while walking down the side walk (that I would have otherwise brushed off and forgot about) or something as little as dropping something, I would instantly get mad and "blame it on the day".

I found my misfortune throughout the day to be quite comical, so I posted something saying 'how bad my day was' and how funny it was that I was experiencing a bad day while meanwhile I have an inspirational blog.  People immediately started to reach out to me saying things like "If you ever need to talk, I am here!" and "Keep your spirits up, you got this!".  Then, people started to praise my blog and say they read it.  I was NOT expecting those responses.  And as I read those texts and messages people were sending me, I realized two things.  I realized that, one, the most important things in our lives are not the money and fortune you could have, but the relationships in your life.  And, two, I realized that it is just as important to acknowledge the good days and the bad.  One of my good friends last night responded to my post and said "Hey Tyler, you know that if it weren't for the lows, the highs wouldn't be as special." I love that response she gave me, and I will use that quote forever.

That leaves me with the question on how to motivate people to be inspired even on their worst of days?  Everybody has bad days, and they can be very mentally and physically exhausting.  How can we overcome the bad days and get the most out of them?

I am a huge believer that everything happens for a reason.  Maybe I wasn't supposed to get that job because God wanted me to be in a different career field.  Maybe the swim season is pushed back so I can spend more time with my family at home (and my dog). God makes everything happen for a reason, and it is all in our best interests.  

My bad day yesterday also taught me another important lesson: what real success is. I am very human. I have this motivational blog because I think the world could use more positivity.  I believe that this world can be such a dark and evil place, and everybody could use some positive inspiration. This life is so hard, and I will never write here and say that it is easy. It is NOWHERE near easy.  But, it is how we treat our bad days.  It is about our attitudes on our worst days.  It is about how we treat people on our bad days.  All these aspects contribute to how successful you are in life.  And when I mean successful, I do not mean financial or monetary success.  I mean success in the respect that you are genuinely happy and have loyal people by your side.

One of the worst things we can do is to take out our 'bad days' on other people.  It isn't anybody else's fault that we are having a bad day.  Why dampen their mood, too?  I know people that have a bad day at work and take it out on their loved ones, to make others 'suffer' like they are suffering. Even if their loved ones were having regular, good days- the one having the bad day would take it out on somebody else to make them feel upset too, so they won't feel alone.  I am sure everybody knows somebody like this.  They are all around us.  The EASY way out is to take your bad day out on others.  The COWARDLY way out is to spread negativity and frustration on to the next person.  The brave and the righteous thing to do is to take the bad circumstances you are in, acknowledge them, and not let them 'take over your world'.  Talk to somebody about your day.  Vent to somebody about your day.  Remember that you are human and that you live in a sinful world.  This life is difficult, but you are the only one that can dictate your mood.  Do not let your mood and your joy of life be shattered with material or temporary occurrences. 

The last thing I want is for anybody to think that I have all the answers.  The last thing I want is for people to think that I 'never mess up'.  I probably mess up more than most of my readers combined.  Have I ever taken my bad day out on a family member to dampen their spirits as well?  For sure.  Have I ever let a bad day get 'inside' my head too much and take over?  100%.  Have I ever gotten mad at God for giving me such 'bad circumstances'?  Of course.  I am nowhere near perfect, but I know that my job here on Earth is to make other peoples' lives just a little bit better.

Life will get you down and beat you over and over again.  It is part of the sinful world we live in.  When we look at influencers on social media who are rolling in their money, people are so quick to believe that they are living perfect lives.  They are not.  They are living nowhere near perfect lives.  Yeah, sure, they have money.  Yeah, sure, they are riding on private jets and living in mansions with palm trees.  People that live like that (especially those that aren't Christians) will never be fulfilled.  They will always need more and more and more.  They will see somebody richer than them and want to be like that, so they do whatever they can to be richer and richer.  People that chase money will never be happy.  There is ALWAYS somebody richer and more monetarily successful than you. People that chase 'the gym grind' will never be satisfied, either.  They will see somebody stronger than them and bigger than them and want to be like that, and work and work and work and for what goal?  Do not chase material things.  Money is material.  Your body will get old and weak as time goes on.  Do not chase temporary treasures or you will never be satisfied.  Chase GOD.

Am I saying that staying in shape or trying to get a well-paying job isn't important?  No, and that is not the message I am trying to give out.  I am saying that do not let those goals be your main focus. Have your main focus be God, and the other things will follow.  Once you narrow your faith and your mind to God, He will provide everything that you need in life.  Have you ever noticed how true Christian people are in positive moods?  It is because they don't focus on monetary or material goods for their happiness.  They do not focus their happiness on their jobs, their car, or their house.  They narrow their happiness onto God and all of the many blessings that God has given them throughout their daily lives already. If God wants you to be rich, things will fall into place.  If God wants you to be a body builder (which he might!), things will fall into place.  But do not dictate your own life.  Do not set temporary or material goals for yourself over God.   Have your goal to be getting closer to the one true God. He will be your main source of joy and happiness.  You CANNOT bring all of that monetary success with you over into the next life.  You cannot take your super muscular body with you to the next life. 

Since I completely went off on a tangent, I want to conclude things with the fact that bad days are normal. You are never alone.  Everybody has bad days.  When you are having a bad day, it is guaranteed that hundreds or thousands of people are having bad days right along with you.  Just do not be superstitious ant think that on bad days everything is only going to go bad.  Do not speak that negativity into your life.  Do not let those thoughts take over your day.  You are in control of your mood.  You have the power to make your day better. 

Yesterday, at the end of my bad day, I was laying in bed, thinking about all of the misfortune I had throughout the day.  I was sulking in my own demise when I had a little voice in my head say, "Tyler, where are you right now?"  I was in a warm house with a roof over my head.  I had a nice dinner with my family, who is all healthy and Covid-free.  I spoke to my girlfriend that day (who is hands down a miracle to even know in the first place because she is so perfect inside and out).  My relatives are safe and happy.  I had people reaching out to me on social media telling me that they support me always.  Yet, I let a material and temporary dissatisfaction take over my day that God has gifted me with.  Yet meanwhile, I have so many amazing things about my life that I take for granted.  I had a wonderful Christmas at home with my family, I am bringing in the New Year with my girlfriend and her family, I am able to go to a college, and I have my own car- not to mention all of the amazing other things I have in my life that I forget about.  

If you are in exhaustion from a hard day, whether it be physical, mental, or spiritual, I am sorry.  I am sorry that you are in pain.  But reach out to others.  People have your back.  Pray to God.  He will make the worst days turn in to your best days.  

I do not have all the answers, and I don't want the readers of this blog to feel like I think I know it all.  I really do not.  But I just want others to be able to have the opportunity to find true happiness and joy in their lives.  I want to spread positivity and advice.  

And to wrap this post up, I just want to throw in a few Bible verses that pertain to this topic.  I hope that everyone has a fantastic New Year's celebration and I will see you all in 2021!

Psalm 37:5, "Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will act."

Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God."

Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will hold you up with my righteous right hand."

And these last two are two of my favorite...

Isaiah 66:9, "I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born, says the Lord."

Jeremiah 29:11, "I will bless you with a future filled with hope, a future of success- not suffering."


How great is it that we have a God and a religion that is based off of inspiration, positivity, and motivation?  How great is it that we have a God we can speak to, one on one, on our worst of days?

God Bless.

-TJO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Log off, and Love Life Again

 I've taken a break off of social media and this blog for about a week.  This week has been brutal in America.  Riots, protests, fights, arguments, and hate being thrown around left and right on social media.  In general, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and even TikTok are very toxic places to be spending our time.  People are cussing each other out, fuming with anger- social media is a war zone.  And it is that way because nobody can listen to each other.  Our generation is so accustomed to not listening to each others' opinion and why they think that way.  Everybody just wants to shove their opinions down each others' throats and if somebody else doesn't agree with them, they immediately attack them.  On both sides of the "political parties".  It is absolute madness.    Words are thrown around like "racist", "white privilege", "snowflake".  And what do these words mean? Well you won't be finding out on this blog post.  My goa

Not About the Money

After a couple weeks of a break, I am here.  There was a lot of stuff that was happening in my life that I wanted to take care of before I sat back and started writing on this blog again.  But, after a small break, I wanted to share some things that I've experienced recently that really hit me. The last time I wrote on the blog was during a period of division in this country and a lot of malevolent behavior.  Arguments, fights, name-calling, and disruption reaped this nation, and I was appalled. I was upset with the way people were acting and I spoke up about it on this blog.   I hate bringing up politics.  This is because I have stepped away from politics due to the toxicity that boils from it. Too much hate, corruption, and unfairness across the board.  It's important to have your own unique opinions, but as for me, I have been a much happier human being ever since I stopped paying attention to politics.  On a side note, last week there was a big health scare in my family whi

I Thank God

 I was just sitting in my dorm room, thinking, going through pictures, and reminiscing on some memories. This past week, just like every other week in a college student's life, is crazy.  But, the weekends are for taking a deep breath and taking a nice break.  Lately, I have been the happiest human alive, keeping God in my mind, and spreading my love to others.  I haven't been living in the future, I've been taking one day at a time, and I have been holding on to the little moments in life that make me smile.  I never thought that living in the present could make me feel so happy, free, and positive.  I don't think I stress this enough, but I thank God for my relationships every single day.  Ever since COVID hit, it taught me some life lessons that I might never have learned if it weren't for this pandemic.  I have begun to savor the small things (and the big things) in life.  Every night before I go to bed, I go down a list thanking God for the people in my life.